Now it’s the time when we are all surrounded by writing. Even if we don’t write professionally, we write messages, posts on Facebook, and texts on blogs. The ability to write well is no longer the fate of writers; it’s a “must” for any successful person. But is it possible for an adult person to learn how to create good texts from scratch? Of course. In fact, each person carries the potential of a good storyteller. You simply need to bring talent to light as well as master the technical side of the text creation. It is not difficult. So how to do it?
6 Tips to Improve Your Writing from Scratch
- Visualize everything you write. About 80% of the information that a person receives every second, they get with the help of vision. It is logical that if we want to convey a maximum of information to the reader, then we need to use the most effective way. Scientists have proved that the texts which contain specific expressions, allowing forming a certain image, are best perceived.
- Engage in a dialogue with your reader. You have to be on the same level as the reader. In order to do that, imagine that you are reading your material to a friend that you met at work, colleague or loved one. And ask three questions: Would it be nice for him or her to listen to you? Will he or she understand you? Will he or she draw the correct conclusions? If the answer to all three questions is “yes”, then you wrote excellent material. In general, talk with the reader as with a friend, then even the most demanding and busy people will find time for your text or article.
- Don’t hide the key point. One should always give out the main idea at the beginning so that the reader could perceive the material and realize whether it is necessary to read further. There is no point in an intrigue. If a person does not understand what you are talking about here then they stop reading.
- Set a text aside. After a text is written, close it and set it aside until the next day. Do other things. You can start working on the next text, the main thing – do not touch already written. The next day, open the material and read it again. Most likely, there will be details that you want to fix, add or change. Final editing of the material is conducted not earlier than a day after it was written.
- Always check spelling and punctuation! Simple errors in writing words or putting commas can seriously spoil the impression of any top essay writing. If it happens to you from time to time, in this case, try to check your texts through specialized online services or in Microsoft Word.
- Read as much as possible. It’s impossible to write well if you do not spend at least a few hours a day reading books. When we read, new words and expressions are memorized, old ones are updated, and stylistics and the manner of correct speech are adopted. Read the classical literature. But do not forget to read something else – sometimes it is useful to shift your attention even to low-quality material in order to be able to distinguish one from another.
In fact, everything is not as difficult as it seems. If you work in accordance with all the rules listed above, you will eventually reach a good level of written speech. Of course, these are only basic recommendations. There are thousands of subtleties that are taken into account by the real masters of writing. But you need to start small.