During your college life you will have to compose numerous essays on different types. One of the most frequently-assigned academic tasks is a persuasive essay. This assignment has its name for a purpose: persuasive essays are all about persuading. It means that you have to make an argument and convince the reader that your position is correct and well-thought. To do so, you will have to use solid evidence and techniques that will make you sound reputable. You need to demonstrate that you understand the subject perfectly and can explain your ideas in a clear and sophisticated manner. Therefore, it is important to choose a topic you are interested in.
When writing a persuasive essay, most students get stuck at the very first point, because picking a really nice and debatable topic is not that easy. If this is the case for you, then you have two options: requesting assistance from an essay writing service or using this guide to get some inspiration. Take a look at these topics and chances are that you will find one that resonates with you!
- Should church and government be separated?
- Why active political position is important?
- Discuss the ideas of religious liberties protection
- Voting age: should we increase/decrease it?
- Fake news: is it a real problem of nowadays?
- Should state take care of ecological problems?
- Is it ethical for one state to influence the political situation of another state?
- Why radical decisions aimed at preventing terrorism don’t work?
- Immigration: is it a threat or development opportunity?
- Do we need a standard grade system?
- Homeschooling: is it an efficient learning option?
- Should college cafeterias serve healthy food only?
- Is it possible for computers to replace teachers in the future?
- Cultural education of youth: should we make it obligatory?
- Should education be free?
- Should schools track the social media pages of their students to prevent shooting? It is effective?
- Should we tax alcohol and unhealthy food heavily?
- Medical marijuana: should we legalize it?
- Drug addiction: is it a personal or a social problem?
- A debate on euthanasia
- Antidepressants: are they effective or rather harmful?
- Your opinion about a non-traditional medicine
- Should we regulate vitamins more tightly?
- Gun control: should we make it tougher?
- Is there a place for privacy in the digital world and do we have it?
- Are there any connections between home and public violence?
- Death penalty: do government has a moral right for it?
- Domestic violence: what should we do to prevent it?
- Is it possible for light drug addiction to lead to heavier cases?
- Personal drone usage: should we regulate it anyhow?
- Self-driving cars: who is going to take responsibility for accidents on the roads?
- Do we have to apply lifelong imprisonment?
- Does radical feminism support the idea of inequality?
- Should women housework be paid?
- There are many advocates focused on women’s rights. Should we have men’s rights advocacy?
- All people have traits of both genders. What do you think about this statement?
- Is women bodybuilding a sexist idea?
- Do we need beauty contests or are they outdated and anti-feminist?
- Do European countries have a right to protect Muslim women’s rights?
- Do women need neo-feministic ideas to choose their destiny or is it a matter of personality?
- Why do people continue watching shows they call “stupid”?
- Social media platforms: do they make us more alienated or vice versa?
- Is it ethical to download content from the Internet without paying for it?
- Should media censor jokes or should we have right to laugh about anything?
- Should we tax pets?
- Selfies: do we make them because we are narcissistic by nature or do they make us narcissistic?
Is such position as neutrality even possible?