Writing an exemplification essay might sound a tough task but in fact, it’s not too difficult to write it if you know the basic principles of how a good paper should look like. You can write it yourself or may choose to ask for the help of a professional essay writer. Here are some essential elements to consider when writing an exemplification essay.
What is an exemplification essay?
An exemplification essay is a type of academic writing in which an author provides a set of specific examples in order to support the main thesis.
Choosing a topic
Whatever essay type you are asked to write, the topic choice may be crucial for the success of your paper. Typically, the more you know about the subject and the more you like it, the better the essay you will come up with.
In the case of exemplification essay, there is one more aspect that you need to take into consideration. You will need to pick a theme, which is broad enough for you to be able to provide a sufficient number of examples to support your topic.
A too narrow subject of discussion will leave you with a lack of arguable points making your essay weak and unconvincing. A too broad topic will hinder the writing process because you will need to process a lot of information, which will not necessarily help you write a decent paper. A theme that can be proved with just several arguable points is the best bet when it comes to writing an exemplification essay.
The structure and outline of an exemplification essay
So, we’ve mentioned how important it is to choose the correct topic for this type of an essay but there are other specific aspects that need to be considered.
- Structure. The most suitable outline might be five-paragraph structure, i.e. introduction with a thesis statement, three body paragraphs and a conclusion. The number of body sections may vary though as long as the thesis gets fully proved by the sufficient number of points listed.
- Thesis statement.It has to be clear, concise and on-point. When writing, keep in mind that the main idea needs to be present throughout each part of the paper.
- Body paragraphs.Each section needs to start with a title followed by a detailed description of the example. You may add sub-sections if you feel like more details need to be added.
- Even though it is mainly a restatement of the main idea presented in the introduction, try not to use the same wording. The concluding part needs to be brief but powerful. The reader should be able to see the full picture that you tried to create in your essay. Two or three sentences might be sufficient for the reader to clearly understand how the ideas got interconnected and prove the main thesis statement.
Ideas for exemplification essay topics
If you’re given an essay topic by your professor, make sure you fully understand what you need to write about and follow your mentor’s instructions.
If you can pick the topic yourself, choose the one that is relevant to you and your audience.
In case you have no idea what to write about, ask a professional essay writer for topic suggestions.
Here are some of our ideas for exemplification essay topics:
- A college degree is no longer critical for future success.
- Climate change is destructive for the Planet and humankind.
- Smoking must be banned.
- Vegetarians save animals.
- Positive thinking is psychologically beneficial.
- Multitasking is a myth.
- Online education becomes superior to classroom learning.