Cause and effect essay writing is one of the simplest academic tasks. As a rule, this paper doesn’t require too much of your time and effort. As you have already understood from the name of this assignment, it is about discussing a cause and consequences of some event/issue/phenomenon. There might be a bunch of causes and effects depending on the topic you choose.
So when you have been assigned to compose a cause and effect essay, you need to come up with a good topic. It is necessary to choose the one that you can understand, because you need to know what kind of bonds and relationships it includes. You need to review a number of phenomena that have reasons and outcomes. To get some essay help, read on and find some great topics! Choose the one that you like and use it for your paper.
Some writing tips
- Start your essay with an outline
Structure is very important for cause and effect essays. This is why you need to compose an outline before you start writing. List all points and ideas you would like to express in a chronological order. Stick to your outline when writing.
- Mind the structure
Different topics have different number of causes and effects. You might work with an issue that has a number of reasons and a single effect. There are topics that include a number of effects caused by a single reason. The number of causes and effects can be equal. You have to think carefully about your own topic and decide which structure will suit perfectly.
- Provide some background for your readers
Introduce the context in your introduction. Explain the background, describe the cause and focus on revealing the effects then. State the purpose of your writing in the first paragraph. Don’t forget about a thesis statement and express the main idea of your essay in one or two sentences.
- Make fresh and strong arguments
The body of your essay should include your arguments and develop the topic gradually. Make precise and clear points. When describing an effect, don’t forget to refer to a cause and build links. Avoid stating too many points – three or four are usually enough.
Briefly restate your main points in the last paragraph. Don’t use any quotations or new information in a closing paragraph.
A list of cause and effect essay topics
- October Revolution: causes and effects
- Word War II: causes and effects
- Air pollution: causes and effects
- Stress: why do we experience it and what are the consequences?
- Why some people refuse to have active social position?
- Why people become abused by alcohol and/or drugs?
- Why citizens don’t care about elections too much?
- Why students are dropped out from college?
- What are the effects of divorce?
- What are the consequences of bulling at schools?
- Domestic violence: causes and effects
- How technologies influence marketing?
- What are the effects of the Cold War?
- How online shops influence large trading companies?
- Teenage rebellion: causes and effects
- Effects of rivalry between siblings
- How poverty effects education?
- How single parenthood influence psychological development of children?
- Causes and effects of cancer
- Causes and effects of obesity
- What are causes and effects of racial discrimination?
- What are the effects of discrimination of women? Are there any progressive effects here?
- Possible effects of globalization
- What are the causes and effects of choosing non-traditional medicine instead of traditional one?
- What effects technology has on our everyday life?
- Are there any harmful effects of violent video games? What are the reasons for children to play them?
- Causes and effects of migration
- Causes and effects of wars across the world
- What are the causes and effects of global warming?
- How technology effects education?
- What causes insomnia and what are the consequences?
- Why students experience mental disorders?
- How social media platforms change our communication?